ICBC encouraging safe driving this long weekend
ICBC is urging motorists to drive safely and be careful on the roads this long weekend. The Prince George Citizen has published safety tips from ICBC including the following:
1. Most crashes occur on the Friday of the long weekend so plan to leave either on Thursday or Saturday morning if possible to avoid traffic congestion and possible delays;
2. Make sure that you get a good night’s sleep so that you are not fatigued when you take to the road. Plan rest breaks or switch drivers every two hours;
3. Do a pre trip check of your vehicle including engine oil, coolant levels and lights and make sure that your tires are in good condition and properly inflated.
4. Summer means there will be a high number of motorcycles on the roads. Be on the look out for them and remember that it is more difficult to judge the speed of a motorcycle.
5. Be patient with RV drivers if they are travelling below the speed limit.
6. If you consume alcohol, don’t drive. Find a safe way home such as taxi, transit or shuttle service.
Wishing everyone a healthy and fun filled long weekend.